Hello Bloomfield Community!
The return of library services has begun! We are very excited to begin the process of returning library services. With the health and safety of our patrons, employees, and the community as our top priority, we are putting in place specific precautions and measures based on guidance by the CDC and New York State’s reopening regulations, as referenced in “NY Forward. We are also returning the library collection to our shelves, as items were temporarily unavailable during our recent renovation project (more details can be found here).
Book drop open June 15, 2020!
- All returned items will be quarantined for at least 72 hours. Items will remain on your account for a few days after you return them, but fines will not accrue during this period.
- Due dates on items checked out prior to the library building closure have been extended to September 30, 2020. However, we encourage you to bring back completed items so we can prepare them for the next user.
- Library items not owned by the Bloomfield Public Library may be returned in our book drop. However, libraries are currently limited to offering only their own collection to patrons. Returning items to their owning libraries, if it is convenient, will allow other patrons to enjoy them sooner.
Lobby Service (contact-less pickup) begins July 6, 2020!
- We cannot wait to start lending our materials again, but we want to make sure we are doing it safely and responsibly.
- Here’s how it works:
- Go to our online catalog at owwl.org and place items you would like on hold. If you need assistance, please call us at 585-657-6264.
- Make sure the items are owned by AND the pickup location is set to Bloomfield Public Library. Delivery between libraries has not yet restarted, so we are unable to fill holds on materials owned by other libraries.
- There is a limit of 7 items per library card that can be placed on hold at a time.
- You will be contacted with pickup instructions.
- The adjusted hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday & Wednesday: 2pm – 8pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 10am – 4pm
- Friday: 2pm – 6pm
- Saturday: 10am – 2pm
After the successful implementation of these reopening services and with guidance from state and local health authorities, we anticipate being able to continue restoring library services. All dates are subject to change. Please stay tuned for details.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we adjust to a new way of doing things! We look forward to seeing you soon!